Pre & Post-Conference Options
- Saturday, September 5, 2015 – SOLD OUT!
- Sunday, August 30, 2015 trip – SOLD OUT!
- $110 per person for conference participants and their guests
- All field trips are contingent on a minimum enrollment of 35 participants
- Once the minimum enrollment has been confirmed, your payment will be processed.
- Cancellation deadline July 31, 2015
- Refunds will not be issued after July 31, 2015
Those with heart or lung conditions must be aware of altitude, weather and air changes
- What To Wear: Comfortable walking/hiking shoes & long pants
- What To Bring: Light rain gear, towel, sun block, hat, at least 1 liter of water, & a camera
One of the world’s most dramatic landscapes, Hawai‘i Volcanoes National Park is both a powerful geological site as well as a deeply spiritual experience.
Pele is the Goddess of Hawai‘i’s Volcanoes, and you can feel her presence as you traverse the volcano and reflect on the powerful and historic eruptions of the past. Your field interpreter will guide you through the extraordinary geology of the volcanic lava flows, craters, sulfur banks, steam vents, and dramatic lava tubes. You will be able to observe Hawai‘i's unique endemic birds and plant species as you walk through the Park.
This will be an unforgettable trip as you explore the diverse environment and inspiring dramatic vistas of Hawai‘i Volcanoes National Park.
07:45 am – Check-in at Hotel Lower Lobby
08:00 am – Depart Hotel for Hawai‘i Volcanoes National Park via South Point
- Stop at Punalu‘u Bake Shop and Punalu‘u Black Sand Beach
11:30 am – Hawai‘i Volcanoes National Park
- Kilauea Visitors Center
- Sulfur Banks & Steam Bluffs
- Picnic lunch
- Jaggar Museum
- Nahuku (Lava Tube)
03:00 pm – Depart back to hotel through Hilo via Saddle Road
- Stop at King Kamehameha Statue
06:00 pm – Approximate return to Hilton Waikoloa Village Hotel