The VLDB 1998 is being held in New York City, NY, at the New York Marriot Marquis
Hotel. The conference dates are Monday, August 24 to Thursday, August 27, 1998.
We are actively encouraging sponsorships for the conference. There are three categories
of sponsorship for the VLDB 1998 conference.
- Principal Sponsor
In each case, the sponsoring company is responsible for providing the artwork (company
logo) to be included on the various publications and promotional material.
Suggested contribution is upwards of $5,000. Benefits will include:
- Identification as a contributor on
- Conference Poster (if sponsorship is received before printing of the poster).
- Final Program.
- Advance Program.
- Daily newsletters.
- Inclusion of a leaflet (to be supplied by the sponsor) into the registration packet.
Junglee, NCR, Savera and Tandem have agreed to be Contributors of the conference.
Suggested contribution is upwards of $10,000. Benefits will include all the benefits
for contributors, and in addition:
- Early registration fee for late registrants from the sponsoring company.
- Identification as a sponsor on banner at inauguration and conference banquet.
- Badges of all representatives from the sponsoring company will identify them as a
- Sponsor identification on proceedings, banners, and final program will be in larger size
than contributor identification.
AT&T, IBM, Informix and Microsoft have agreed to be Sponsors of the conference.
There will be one principal sponsors. Suggested contribution is upwards of $25,000.
Benefits will include all the benefits for sponsors, and in addition:
- Inclusion of principal sponsoring company's logo on the conference bag.
- Opportunity to hold a reception before the conference banquet or to hold the welcoming
- A table in the coffee break area for principal sponsor's use for promotional purposes.
Oracle has agreed to be the Principal Sponsor of VLDB98.
Last updated November 5, 1997. firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to VLDB'98 Home Page.